Your privacy is of real importance to us and we want all of our customers to be confident using our site, particularly the use of personal information.
The Data Protection Principles
Anyone processing personal data must comply with the eight enforceable principles of good practice. They say that data must be:
- Fairly and lawfully processed
- Processed for limited purposes
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive
- Not kept longer than necessary
- Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights
- Not transferred to countries without adequate protection.
Personal data covers both facts and opinions about the individual. It also includes information regarding the intentions of the data controller towards the individual, although in some limited circumstances exemptions will apply. The definition of processing is broad, and incorporates concepts such as ‘obtaining’, ‘holding’ and ‘disclosing’ personal data.
Use of Personal Information
- We will never send unsolicited emails, and we will only send you information about our own services (or for feedback on our services).
- We will never disclose information regarding our clients to third parties unless the client has first given their consent (or purely for feedback on our services).
- Information collected about the client is used only for the provision of our services to the client (and can be passed onto the property owner or caretaker for information). This information is not used for any other purpose.
- If you have any concerns about privacy matters please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our system automatically collects your IP address. If you are connected to the Internet you have one, for example it may look something like this 127.0.0.1. This information is stored in our database log and may be referred to in case of any dispute.
What Information we collect
- Information you give us by completing forms on our website, contacting us via telephone or email or via competitions.
- Historic information such as bookings (where you stayed, what date, cost of stay, party size and whether a pet stayed with you) and feedback that you leave on our site about your stay.
- Communication information, such as email address, phone number and other information collected, used only for the provision of our services to the client. This information is not used for any other purpose.
- When you visit our website we collect user information via cookies, though personal information is not collected in this manner.
- Calls may be recorded to improve our processes and protect the interests of both parties (they will never be passed onto third party companies).
Payment Service Providers
- Payments are collected online or over the phone through 3rd party payment providers to ensure that your transactions are secure. We do not save any of these details.
- Payment information and details are stored by PayPal or Sagepay both worldwide, trusted payment brands.
You may ask us at any time to:
- Stop sending you marketing material. To change your marketing preferences, please email email@example.com , or (write to us at) Toad Hall Cottages, Elliott House, Church St, Kingsbridge TQ7 1BY
- Send you a copy of any personal data that we (Toad Hall Cottages) hold.
- Delete your personal data, where we are required to do so by law.
You can review the Data Protection Principles at https://ico.org.uk/