alternatively, feel free to email your enquiries
New Forest Cottages - General Information
2013 General Information
Please read this General Information and the Booking Conditions carefully.
Initially please telephone New Forest Cottages on 01590 679655 to ascertain availability of the property you have selected. If the property is available for the specified time, we will reserve it for you for 3 days from the receipt of enquiry, pending a deposit payment (full payment is required if booking within 6 weeks of the commencement of the holiday) of one third of the total price of the property hire (see Booking Conditions paragraph 2). Upon receipt of deposit payment we will forward your booking confirmation/invoice by email or post (no subsequent reminder will be sent). The balance plus any extra charges, i.e. electricity, dog, security deposit etc. is due for payment 6 weeks before the start of your holiday (this date will be specified on your deposit receipt/booking confirmation/invoice). Finally, on receipt of the balance or total payment, details of key collection, concise travel instructions and owner/caretaker telephone numbers will be despatched to you by New Forest Cottages either by email or post. For Credit and Debit Card payment details please refer to Booking Conditions paragraph 3a.
Live availability can be checked on our website or via our live online chat, or you can telephone us on 01590 679655. Online provisional Bookings/Reservations can be affected directly on our website:
- By selecting the property of your choice and following the online booking instructions, or
- By emailing email@example.com We will then contact you with payment instructions and our secure website details.
Telephone bookings can be effected by calling us on 01590 679655 and quoting credit or debit card details. Our Booking Conditions will apply. (Bookings are not considered confirmed until we have despatched confirmation to you.)
Bookings From Overseas
Should you have any questions about booking, please Tel: +44 1590 679655, or E: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org, or Fax: +44 1590 671604. It is important that you check the availability of the dates of the property of your choice prior to booking. Booking forms, if posted, must be accompanied by:
- A cheque drawn on a UK bank made payable to New Forest Cottages Ltd, or
- A bank transfer to our account, details given upon application, or
- Credit or Debit card details (may be telephoned) or
- A cheque in your own currency including “Euro”(but check with your bank beforehand to ascertain exchange rates etc).
- Cheques cannot be accepted if the booking is within 21 days of the commencement of the holiday.
Please note that any bank charges will be debited to your account. You may book through our secure website (see Internet Booking above).
Last Minute Bookings/Short Breaks
We are able to arrange a last minute holiday break for you (but normally only during low/mid season for short breaks). Telephone us (or check availability on our website) and we will do our best to meet your needs. Bookings can be secured by telephone, see Telephone Bookings above.
In some cases it is expected that guests will pay for telephone calls (where applicable), logs, gas, electricity and central heating, either by standard charge, coin-operated meter, or by way of a deposit, the unused balance of which is returnable, see individual property descriptions. In a few properties the cost is calculated by meter reading and payment made to either owners or caretakers on the day of departure.
Owners, caretakers or New Forest Cottages reserve the right to charge a security deposit normally payable to New Forest Cottages with balance of payment. This deposit will be refunded to you during the week following your holiday. A deduction will be made for any breakages or damage done to the property, or if it is not left in an acceptable clean and tidy condition, including correct disposal of rubbish/waste and dog mess.
Unless an alternative time is stated in your travel instructions, which are sent following receipt of your balance payment, please do not arrive at your property before 3pm and, on your last day, please vacate the property by 10am, taking care to leave it as you would wish to find it.
Occasionally personal belongings are found after guests’ departure. Owners, caretakers or New Forest Cottages may be prepared to return these items, however postage and packaging must, under normal circumstances, be paid in advance by the guest. No responsibility will be accepted by New Forest Cottages, owners or caretakers for the safety or safe transit of these items. Forgotten items may be disposed of without further reference to the guest, so please ensure that you take all your belongings with you on departure.
There is a standard charge of £25 per pet per week and normally any part of a week. In some properties pets are welcome. If they are accepted it is on the strict understanding that they are kept under control, exercised off the premises, are clean, up to date with flea prevention treatment, are not permitted in the bedrooms or on the furniture and any excrement is removed from gardens/grounds. Under no circumstances must pets be left unaccompanied within the property. Occasionally, a further security deposit is required for pets and deductions will be made if extra cleaning is required caused by the pet or if any mess is left in the garden/grounds.
Cots, Cot Mattresses, High Chairs, Bed Linen and Towels
Cots or travel cots and mattresses, and/or high chairs and stair gates are normally provided free of charge in some properties. Occasionally there is a hire charge (see individual property descriptions). No cot bedding/linen is available. If cots are not mentioned in a property description then none are available. Bed linen is provided free of charge in some properties. In others, it may be possible to hire directly from the owner (see individual property descriptions). Towels and tea towels are not usually provided (see individual property descriptions).
Star Ratings and Symbols
We inspect all our properties annually to ensure we retain high standards. We allocate every property a star rating, which is based on VisitBritain criteria.
- 1 Star: What we would describe as basic. In other words it has all the basic necessities but would appear to be dated with little that is new or smart. However it achieves our minimum standards and the presentation is reflected in the price.
- 2 Star: Furnished and equipped to a higher standard, but still somewhat simple. Often quite attractive and welcoming, but generally more functional than beautiful with everything in good working order.
- 3 Star: A more caring and contemporary approach to presentation with the overall effect making the property attractive, well cared for, welcoming and well equipped.
- 4 Star: Very Good to Excellent with a Home from Home feeling. High quality, attractive and well furnished with recent fixtures, fittings and furnishings, though perhaps not now in as new condition. Generally very well equipped or in some way above general expectations.
- 4½ Star: Will exceed most guests expectations.
- 5 Star: An excellent to exceptional property, normally in a beautiful location, providing high standards throughout.
- The New Forest District Council operates strict waste recycling methods. It is imperative to ensure correct disposal of all your rubbish/waste.
- Parking can be a problem particularly in high summer. Lanes can be narrow and some properties are located down unmade forest tracks and the popularity of our picturesque locations mean frustrations can occur. We therefore suggest you ask about facilities prior to booking and that parties bring the minimum number of vehicles so your holiday can be enjoyed to the full.
- Some older and waterside properties may occasionally be subject to slight dampness particularly following a long wet spell.
- Please let us know immediately if there are any specific needs you may have including disability needs. We will endeavour to advise and assist in any way. Some locations do not lend themselves to easy access and facilities, so please ask first to avoid disappointment.
- If you would like to register for our monthly emailed newsletter, join our Facebook, follow us on Twitter or visit: www.newforestcottages.co.uk